top of page
52305078454_0c524f4eda_o (1).jpeg
52305078454_0c524f4eda_o (1).jpeg

Our History

The Mariemont Players started life in 1936 as The Guild Players of the Mariemont Community Church. In 1940, we officially changed our name to The Mariemont Players.

After performing at the church for several years, we decided to expand into our own space, and in 1957 we signed a one-year lease to use the Plainville School building for our productions. We dubbed the building "The Walton Creek Theater." After extending the lease for another two years, we bought the building at a public auction in 1960. It's been our home ever since.

Over the years we've made many improvements to the building that our patrons have come to know and love, but one thing has remained the same: The Mariemont Players has provided quality local theater from the beginning, and our relationship with our patrons is built upon our promise that our standards will never change.

Come join us at the theater!

bottom of page